Monday, July 27, 2009

Avonlea

Happy 8th birthday Mikhaila!

Wow - what a day we had! It was a full day at Avonlea…our cottage is located almost right next door so we were able to get an early start and be there for the 10:00 opening. The day is structured with vignettes from the play throughout the day and then the actors stay in character as they wander through the village. It was by far one of the best experiences we’ve had! We visited the school with Miss Stacey, played playground and picnic games, danced and sang to Maritime music, had a lovely picnic in the park, drank raspberry cordial, wandered through the barns with animals, watched pig races, and ate yummy ice cream!We had such a great time with the different characters from the story….it was hard to leave; even a thunderstorm couldn’t make us go!















Some thoughts from the group:Mary – My favourite part was the Music – it was fantastic because it made you feel happy! I loved the village life and what it represented – old fashioned styles with the ladies dressed up – it’s not something you see everyday. I really loved the happy endings to the stories – Anne and Gilbert, and Josie and Charlie …I always like a happy ending














Zoe – My favourite part was holding Diana’s hand. I liked her because she’s pretty and kind. When Diana and Josie did the tap dance and fiddle stomping – it was really amazing!I also
liked the pig race – Wilbur won for the 14th time!
















Mik – I loved going to Ann’s village –everything was amazing! In school I learned
the song “God Saved the King”. I also really liked the Pig Race - it was cool to see pigs run the track. It was also very special to see Anne’s wedding to Gilbert because she looked beautiful!

Oliver – I really enjoyed the PEI thunderstorm…I’ve never seen anything like it! It was fun to interact with the storybook characters, especially Charlie, who chased me because I had a full cooler and he was hungry! I also really liked the gardens…they were so colourful and lush.

Afterwards, to celebrate Mik’s birthday we went to North Rustico to Deroines Fresh Fish Market and bought some live lobster! We had it cooked and returned to our cottage to enjoy a great lobster dinner. We purchased a chocolate cake from a local bakery and it was just delicious! Mik said it was the most perfect birthday of her life!













I’m not sure if we could ever have a better day….but we will sure try! We honestly love it here. We tried to book our cottage another night, but there’s no vacancy. We are leaving in the morning and will make our way to Charlottetown to take in a bit of political culture. We are then hoping to get to a beach to build sandcastles in the red sand.

Till next time…..

1 comment:

  1. I (Oma) just read your blog and the comments. It sounds as if you had a very special day with lots of memories and I just love to read your Blog because it brings back memories for me too. We felt the same way about PEI and tried to stay longer than planned, with the same results, "No vacancies". PEI is a very special place. I am glad that Mikhaila had the best Birthday ever, I can just imagine it. .... And lots of ice cream!!!!!

    ReplyDelete